Below are the titles mentioned by our May 2014 First Friday speaker, Erika Woolsey, in her presentation “Sex on the Reef” about the sex life of coral in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: the Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond (Non-fiction)
- Sea Change: a Message of the Oceans by Sylvia Earle (Non-fiction)
- Dr. Tatiana’s Sex Advice to All Creation by Olivia Judson (Non-fiction)
- The Sixth Extinction: an Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert (Non-fiction)
- Here Be Dragons: how the Study of Animal and Plant Distributions Revolutionized our Views of Life and Earth by Dennis McCarthy (Non-fiction; can be ordered through Link+)
- A Reef In Time: the Great Barrier Reef from Beginning to End by J.E.N. Vernon (Non-fiction)
- Corals in Space and Time: the Biogeography and Evolution of the Scleractinia by J.E.N. Vernon (Non-fiction; can be ordered through Link+)